Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Something Whimsical



I don't know why it's here, or who created it. It sits alongside a fairly busy, yet rural road (Crissey Rd north of Angola.) I smile every time I see it. How could you not? Today I finally brought a camera along and stopped to take pictures. It's on a vacant corner lot, far enough from any of the nearby houses it's hard to tell who owns it. I figure it's not all that different than planting flowers, or adding a decorative fence, or even a concrete goose with clothes to your yard. They built it because they enjoyed doing so and hoped it might brighten the day of the people driving by.

It started with the big tree stump, which became a "house," and the other details came long over time. It's far enough back from the road I didn't want to walk up too closely to get pictures but now that I think about it, perhaps next time I'll go leave a note in the mailbox and thank them.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: